Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lost the Basics

"What's wrong with me?" I asked myself during my basketball training session last night.

We lined up for lay-ups and i missed some of them, which was not very usual to me. Even though i am injured, i still had no excuse. That's bad.

Then it came to the 1-3-1 drill, we had to rotate to play different positions so that we would know what things that particular position had to do and the spacing between each player. To my very surprise that, during a play, i forgot to move to another spot that i was supposed to. For a very long time, i had been the best at it.During the whole session, i felt like i had lost my handles, my passes, my close range, my steps, my stamina, my 1-3-1 knowledge, etc.

I blame myself nothing but lack of fundamental practice. Gotta pick it back up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line! I will hit you back!